It has been one year since we lost my beautiful girl. There are no words. Today isn't a celebration. It isn't an anniversary. It is the one year mark. Catherine and I shared a love of music and we communicated a lot through music. So, I've put together this video. It is long. It might make you cry. But this was the only way I knew how to communicate on this day.
So we survived our first holiday. It wasn't easy and I have had many moments of panic and sadness. I miss my girl so very much. There are moments that I still can't believe she is gone. I took the day off Wednesday to mentally prepare for the coming days. In years past, I would take off the day before Thanksgiving and Catherine and I would watch crappy Christmas movies until we ran out of time and raced around doing prep work for the holiday. This year, I spent the first half of the day watching crappy Christmas movies alone. Until Sandy came in and watched one with me. It helped with the anxiety and sadness of missing her. That afternoon, I picked up Katherine S. and she treated me to a massage. It was much needed and I felt more relaxed. Thursday morning the plan was to head over the Stranahan house in the morning to help prep. For some reason, I just couldn't get going. When we finally left, I had to swing by Sandy's house to drop something off. Another mother th...
Comments
Post a Comment